You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old March 13th, 2018, 06:26 AM   #1
rtgibson
United Kingdom

FactoryTalk View SE - Alarm Ack Log Username

Hope somebody can help - I've got a real simple View SE (V9) SCADA test application with a couple of alarms setup in the alarm and event server. When I test my alarms they all work etc - question is how on earth do I get it to log who acknowledged the alarm in the details pane. The help file seems to say that it can't be done for alarms and that it only happens for event tracking. Can anybody give me a clue.

Thanks
Russ
Old March 13th, 2018, 04:42 PM   #2
ASF
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

It should be logged by default. The acknowledgement of an alarm is logged as an event, including the station that that performed the acknowledgement, and who was logged in at the time.

Set up a historic alarm & event viewer, and have a look at the entries. You may need to add the respective columns to the viewer to see the data, but whether they're added or not, the data is stored in the database. You can also click on an entry to show more information in the "details" pane (again, as long as you've configured the object to show the details pane).
Old March 19th, 2018, 06:16 AM   #3
rtgibson
United Kingdom

Hi - thanks for your response, you are correct in that it kind of just works, I think my issue was a dodgy filter on the alarm list. Many thanks for your help. Russ
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum