Cloud SCADA/HMI for remote monitoring/control options

matt303

Hey guys, has anyone had any experience with a cloud based scada/hmi for small applications for remote monitoring without having an hmi or scada system on site and preferably with a dashboard and users setup so they can log into different sites via html5 don't want to use any apps as from past experience it's a nightmare. I basically have small pump/irrigation sites around a farm example 10 sites which will only have the PLC in the pump sheds and a 4g lte modem for vpn/network access. I don't need large amount of tags it's for basic control and monitoring

I done similar projects and have had good success with the e W0N Flexy.
You can build a webpage / HMI using their free view 0N software. It is HTML5 and views nicely on mobile platforms
Also you get the added benefits of data logging capabilities and painfree remote access

You need to talk with "Inductive Automation" about "Ignition Scada" they have a smaller package that they don't advertise that would probably work for you. Very affordable!!

There is nothing that will compare with "Ignition"!!!

check out mango from https://infiniteautomation.com/

* you can make html5 dashboards
* supports a hub and spoke architecture so you can setup data collection at local plants and then forward to the cloud instead of having the cloud interrogate the PLC directly
* they sell a small industrial computer with the software already installed appropriate for local data collection and HMI in case the network does go down
* I've been using it for 11 years, and continue to deploy it at power plants in Canada alongside ignition as it has easy automated reporting (including excel) for a fraction of the price

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will look into them and let you know how I go. As for amount of tags will only be around 25 and no static ip as our great mobile providers in New Zealand do not offer static Ip, so will have to use dns or connect to server with static ip and the devices connect to that server to access network