Totalising flow from mA

Can you tell us the make and model of the flow meter? Sounds like it might be a Coriolis Meter. Please let us know.

I used to work with E&H flowmeters and never had problems.

Does it not have a built in totalizer so you can at least compare results.

There might be some viscosity, density factors that you will need to apply to your calculations.

Try counting pulses from flowmeter and see if there sill will be such a big error.

Try contacting E&H support.

I am comparing the two values(plc & flowmeter). We plan on installing a heart card to monitor all variables.

We also running the troublesome product/pump to monitor the density. We suspect the pump might be sucking in air.

I have both ways implemented at my plant, one counts pulses, the other integrates and there isn't a noticeable difference between them.

However, we use this for batch loading, so we run it for maybe thirty minutes and then start over, so we don't really see any slow drift in the reading.