Ethernet/IP high density I/O suggestion for RA Compact Logix

matthew1

Hello all!

Have an existing 1769-L18ERM-BB1B V28. with full expansion to 8 modules 1--1734-OB8 and 7--1734-IA4. According to IAB this can not be expanded. Only 4 inputs are not used including the native 16 points on the controller.

Currently looking at adding 13 UL 1077 breakers with trip indication to isolate solenoid valves that are switch through 13 isolation relays. This is to aid in troubleshooting when a coil gives up the ghost an trips the single 120 breaker that feeds all of the 120 volt devices in the system. Plus it kinda causes a crash when everything switches off at once.

Originally I wanted to series the feedback loop to a single spare input and have a single fault for breaker tripped. The request has been made to have each breaker indicate a fault individually. o_O

Unfortunately the cabinet is jam packed as is. Adding the breakers alone will take up all of the available real estate. There's definitely no room for another Point IO rack and no room around the machine to add an exterior.

All that being said does anyone have a suggestion on DIN rail mount high density IO that talks EthIP? I will have bout 3 inches width left to work with.

I have looked at Acromag XT1120, have used Acromag units in the past with Modbus but never EthIP. Web site stated there is an EDS.

Anyone familiar with this unit or have a suggestion of another high density Input module that has been used successfully in the logix environment?

Thanks!