Number of instruction in Rslogix in one rung.

bornwild

Hello,

I am breaking my head with one of the programs we have at site and was called the troubleshoot the issue. I didnt program this plc but please look at the program i have attached a picture of one rung. I wonder how the programmer even made the program . I would probably need a 55 inch tv to look at one rung without zooming out. Can you guys suggest me how do i make things easier for me

one rung example.jpg

Your picture is far too wee to see the detail, but if that is one rung then that its taking things too far!

What I may suggest is that you utilise some sort of cascade system where the rung is split into manageable sections, and an energise coil is set and used to start the next rung, and use this as many times as necessary.

Jesus!!! And I thought ours were bad... the longest rungs I have is something like 30 NO/NC contacts in a row for interlock processing.

This reminds me of a branch of a company I worked for that was determined to write everything in Siemens FBD instead of using each language to it's strength... It was funny to watch them scrolling up, down and sideways on pieces of code with calculations when, just for kicks, I showed them that with instruction list, the whole thing would be a few lines.
We had 15 inch laptops with massive resolutions (something like 2560x1440) and they still couldn't fit the whole thing on the screen.

I have also seen rungs like that, and in one case, possibly worse !! An absolute nightmare for anyone who has to maintain the code later, even for the original programmer....

At a system integrator where I used to work, company standards dictated that "Whenever possible, ladder rungs must fit within the bounds of a 1024 x 768 monitor screen, at standard zoom level, without scrolling."

No documentation.....................

No rung comments...............

Probably because he didn't understand what he was doing.

Five cents please