MOVE vs ":=" Assignment Operator

scantime

This question specifically relates to a Schneider M340 PLC, but I believe it may be applicable to other platforms as well. I am working on new logic in structured text and realized that I have the option to assign one variable to another with the ":=" operator (example x := 3) as well as the "MOVE" instruction (example x := MOVE(3) ). What is the difference with these two techniques?

Effectively the same thing
:= is specifically a structured text instruction, while MOVE is a function available in all languages

Similar Topics

So I'm pretty green when it comes to troubleshooting in the field so bear with me. We have a Danfoss valve that opens/closes from an analog output...
Replies
Views
Hi. This is pretty basic but I'm struggling to find an efficient solution. I have a float value of let say 666.555 that I want to move / split...
Replies
Views
hi, I got a plc S7-1200 with SEW movitrac **** and i need to program something ridiculous if my application reaches sensor 1 then my SEW has to...
Replies
Views
Afternoon, I have a DB in TIA Portal V16 that is optimised. I cannot change this. There is an array inside that block which consists of 3000...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am working on an application that inserts a splined shaft into a 'gearbox'. The shaft is rotating slightly to allow engagement of the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom