Plantpax faceplates and global objects slow to display

DarrenG

Hi folks,

I'm looking for some help trying to get my graphics to load a bit quicker. At the moment if I pull up a motor faceplate for example it can take up to 10 seconds for the faceplate to pop up and load in all the pictures on it. This is usually upon initial load though and isn't as bad as that all the time. I have read tech-note 729707 which has a program in it that basically takes all the images in the project, sticks them on one page and loads that page in the background upon start up of the client. I've also cached the displays but it's still not instant like in wonderware. Is there something else I can do to get this running smoother?

I realise that the initial loading of the displays takes the longest so I have taken a page and clicked every valve and motor on the page once and then revisited them to see how quickly they open. It's still taking about 3 seconds for the faceplate to open and load the images even with the steps mentioned above. That can't be right can it? I'll click on it, the loading circle on my cursor will appear for a second or so, the pop up appears but broken, then takes another 1-2 seconds for the images to load. I've read mixed reviews of FTView and especially plantpax so I'm hoping there's something I'm missing that can speed this up a bit.

Thanks,

Darren