RSView button problem

FMorin

Hi,

First, I'm new in the PLC business…

I’m working on RSView Studio 4 (CPR7).

I’m trying to “call” a TAG and change the display at the “same time”.

After looking around the different button, I didn’t find any who could do those 2 things together.

So i’ve tried to use a MOMENTARY PUSH button under a GOTO button but only the button on top is affected when simulated.

Is there any way I can solve this (or what I am doing wrong)?

Do I have to use the MACRO button? And in this case, I’m quite hesitant in the manner of proceeding…

Thanks

Hi Fmorin, as jstolaruk says above, you can quite easily setup a 'Screen Control' Tag pointing to an integer within the PLC, and also create a tag to write back to the PLC with the current displayed screen number.

Studio_Screen.jpg

Few things to remember. By default, all screens created within Studio are allocated as screen No.1, so you need to remeber to modify the display settings accordingly.

The other thing, when you write your new screen value to your tag, it will disable all screen control buttons within Studio, until you reset the tag back to 0, then the operator can resume using the normal screen navigation if required......:)

Hope this helps....

Rob.

The next challenge:

How would you do it without using the PLC?

I have a similar situation, in a retrofit application where we are trying to avoid making any PLC program changes, if at all possible.

The old HMI had the ability to set a tag, and change the screen at at the same time...

This is how you navigate to a screen and change a tag at the same time in RSView Studio without using a PLC.

--In the display settings of the screen that you want to navigate to, set a display number, say, 3.

--Create an analog HMI tag (I'll call it "Display"), that will store the value of a display number

--In global connections, set the Remote Display Number to the HMI tag "Display" that you created

--Create Macro #1, in which one line you set the HMI tag "Display" to 3, which is value of the display that you want to navigate to, and in another line you set your other desired tag.

--Create Macro #2, in which you set the HMI tag "Display" to zero. This allows you to use standard navigation buttons on your current display.

--In the display settings of display 3, the screen that you just navigated to, go to behavior tab, and set the startup macro as macro #2.

--On your original screen, create a button that runs Macro #1. This can be found under menu Objects/Advanced/Macro

Good Luck

$

Perfect!

I used the "PLC calling the display back" solution.
I tested with the PLC yesterday and it works perfectly!

Thank you all(!)

To devellop further the subject: without using the PLC and using the "Global Connections" method, I could have use a MACRO BUTTON changing the value of the TAG "connect" to the REMOTE DISPLAY NUMBER ({Screen_Control} in Rob's example).

Kidblue said:
Studio_Screen.jpg

The other thing, when you write your new screen value to your tag, it will disable all screen control buttons within Studio, until you reset the tag back to 0, then the operator can resume using the normal screen navigation if required......:)

Rob.

And as Rob said, the important thing is to put the value back to zero for the operator to regain the control of the panel. In "behavior" of the display setting of the one "called", using a startup macro to reset the TAG should do the trick.

... or so I think :)