Step7 MicroWin integration with Step7

adfox

Hi, recently i had installed MicroWin V4.0 and some time later, step 7 v5.3+sp3. When i started MicroWin after Step7 install, i saw a message "Step 7 has been istalled, for integration in Step7 reinstall MicroWin".

I was curious so i reinstalled MicroWin and... nothing happened.
Anyone integrated MicroWin into Step7 ?
How to do that ?

Regards

Hi adfox.

After the reinstallation of MicroWin, the message didnt come back ?

I dont use MicroWin. I can imagine that there is some integration with networking, and also maybe with Protool or WinCC Flexible.

In STEP7, in the menu entry Insert .. Station is there now a new selection for S7-200 station or something like that ?
In MicroWin, is there a function Integrate in STEP7 or something like that ?

When you're installing S7-MWin when Step7 is installed there are some modules added into Step7 HW catalog (configured stations: S7-200 CPU's, CP's as profibus slaves). Installation of S7-MWin modifies access points for online communication with Simatic PLC's too.

The message didn't come back, and in MicroWin there's no integrate option. I added the 'S7-200 station' and it opens only MicroWin editor :)

It's the only integration option that MicroWin provide ?

Hi adfox.

Where did you add the S7-200 station ?
In the Simatic Manager, or in the HW Configurator ?

The important is that in Profibus networks that contains various modules, S7-300/400, i/o nodes, PCs, HMI panels, S7-200 etc. all nodes must be aware of the existence of all the other nodes.
With integration this is coordinated.
I could imagine that you get the same advantage when setting up MPI and Ethernet networks.

It was in simatic menager, there's nothing like s7-200 in HW config, i was hoping i could use more friendly step7 editor rather than MicWin, but it seems, i can't :)

Thanks for help!