MSG Instruction in an Add-On Instruction -RSLogix 5000

Cleaner

Does anyone know how to, if it is possible, setup a MSG instruction in an Add-On Instruction in RSLogix 5000. I want to create an AOI to gather data from a drive, via the MSG instruction. I can put the MSG instruction in the AOI and declare it as an In/Out Parameter variable of that AOI, but I cannot edit the settings inside the MSG instruction. When I click on the three-dot-box to configure it, I get this error in the status bar at the bottom of RSLogix:

moz-screenshot.jpg
"Ladder element field is non-editable. Invalid Message tag in corresponding operand."

I'm not really sure how it would work anyway, since the setup of the MSG would contain variables into the AOI.

Anyone got a way around this?

Thanks

I added an AOI that I wrote for a CIP MSG instruction. I use two message tags and two DINT tags for the communication to a second PLC (read and write) and I am able to configure the message tags in the ladder view. Maybe ther are some restrictions when you try to change it online, I can't remember. Hope this helps.

Msg controllogix micrologix

hello all

I have a problem to set a msg data to read from a micrologix 1500 using a NET ENI to communicate via ethernet, I'm using a CompactLogix and MicroLogix not appear in the browse to define the path and I do not appear in the form of MSG

THANKS

AB do an example AOI for the SM2 module which includes messaging to and from Flex 4 and 4M drives. The messages read and write parameters and also connect to HMI to visulize these parameters. You'll need to experiment - some of the code is qutie advanced -particularly the drive recognition code, It uses some addresses which I've not been able to duplicate.

Paul.