Tip: Discount on upgrade to STEP7 v11 Pro.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi, the new STEP7 v11 is appearing on the weather-radar.

If you are using STEP7 (not Pro version), then it can save you a bit of money if you buy the powerpack upgrade to STEP7 PRO, plus the SUS software update service NOW.
If you do not do that now, you will have to buy STEP7 PRO v11 at the full price later. And since v11+ will eventually replace v5 for S7-300/400, you will have to upgrade at some time if you are using S7-300/400 (--> it is relevant for a lot of users).

An added bonus is that you will also have STEP7 PRO v5.5.

The order numbers are
6ES7810-5CC10-4YC5 (STEP7 to PRO powerpack)
6ES7810-5CC04-0YE2 (SUS)
Campaign price for both: Approx 1200 € (8510 DKK).
Offer is valid until 30 april 2011.

Obviously it is a ploy to get you hooked on the new platform, but if you are going to do so eventually anyway, then it could be the most sensible to bite now.

NB. I guess this also means that v11 will be finally released shortly after 30 april.

What are you trying to say Saperov ?
I show official info about upgrade.
Your info is not official.
I already have SUS and upgade without discount (automatically receive SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional V11).
But haven't info about upgrade WinCC/Flexible to TIA HMI o_O

Saperov, it is from a newsletter in danish that I have received from Siemens DK.
edit: Yes, they also do not say anything about what will happen with WinCC v11 if you have SUS for WinCC Flex advanced for example.
When you get TIA Portal v11 it will include at least WinCC v11 "basic".

uptown, if you have STEP7 PRO (not the non-PRO version) AND you have the SUS, then you get STEP7 PRO v11 for free.

If you have STEP7 (non-PRO version) AND you do NOT have the SUS, then the campaign offer is advantageous.

Last edited:
It just dawned on me.

Since you get STEP7 PRO v11 only if you have STEP7 PRO v11 and the SUS contract, it means you will NOT get STEP7 PRO v11 if you have the normal STEP7 (non-PRO version) EVEN if you have the SUS contract !

The meaning of "PRO" changes a lot between v5.5 and v11.
In v5.5 PRO means that you get PLCSIM, GRAPH and SCL.
In v11 PRO means you can program S7-300, S7-400 and WinAC in addition to S7-1200.

Meaning: If you are using S7-300, S7-400 or WinAC, and have STEP7 v5.5 and the SUS contract, then you are NOT included to be upgraded when v11 arrives !!

If you are using S7-300, S7-400 or WinAC, and have STEP7 v5.5 and the SUS contract, then I recommend you contact Siemens to have it verified what happens when v11 arrives. If you argue persistently enough I think there will be a chance they will give you v11 anyway. You can argue that you are paying for the SUS and expect to be covered for new software versions.

If you are using S7-300, S7-400 or WinAC, and have STEP7 v5.5 and the SUS contract, then I recommend you contact Siemens to have it verified what happens when v11 arrives. If you argue persistently enough I think there will be a chance they will give you v11 anyway.
You can argue that you are paying for the SUS and expect to be covered for new software versions.
BUT,
how about SUS use for upgrade to Step7 v5.5 SP1 with 64-bit version ?

I think the first version will have a demonstration character, so by SUS, we will get updates for both programs.

it is from a newsletter in danish that I have received from Siemens DK
Date of release ?

Last edited:
BUT,
how about SUS use for upgrade to Step7 v5.5 SP1 with 64-bit version ?
I think the first version will have a demonstration character, so by SUS, we will get updates for both programs.
I havent seen any mention about 64-bit, also not anywhere else.

Saperov said:
Date of release ?
JesperMP said:
Offer is valid until 30 april 2011.
[...]
NB. I guess this also means that v11 will be finally released shortly after 30 april.

If you are using STEP7 (not Pro version), then it can save you a bit of money ...
I guess this also means that v11 will be finally released shortly after 30 april.
Not finally.
You can save more money (1200€) if you wait info from HannoverMesse 4-8 april 2011 http://www.hannovermesse.de/homepage_e
or wait full worked version after HannoverMesse 2012 (with support 64-bit, exDriveES (StartDrive), exCFC, exSFC, exS7-300 (S7-1300) and exS7-400 (S7-1500), ex...) :ROFLMAO:
You can receive Demo version for testing after HannoverMesse.

6ES7 822-1AA01-0XE5 Upgrade from STEP 7 Professional 2006/ 2010 to STEP 7 Professional V11 ...689€
6ES7 822-1AA01-0XC5 Upgrade from STEP 7 V5.4 to STEP 7 Professional V11 .........................1325€