Micro820 with RSLinx Enterprise.

rleon

Hi:

I'm trying to communicate a Micro820 with RSLinx Enterprise via EtherNet/IP. Micro820 is a 2080-LC20-20QWB CPU firmware 9 and RSLinx Enterprise is version 5.90.00 with October 2017 patches.

When I open communication tab, I can add the Ethernet Micro820 with the correct IP address, but when I select the CPU to create the shortcut, the Apply button turns grey and in the information bar appears the following message "Select a different path. Ethernet.Micro820 cannot be used" (Micro820 is my PLC name).

Any suggest? Rockwell Technote #602066 wasn't useful

Thanks!

Along the same lines that David is thinking.... can you just upload from the PLC? try just browsing with RSLinx and see if it shows up

What was the problem?

The problem is that I can't create a shortcut in RSLinx Enterprise for the Micro820. I can see in the network but when I select it, the Apply button turns grey and in the information bar appears the following message "Select a different path. Ethernet.Micro820 cannot be used" (Micro820 is my PLC name).

But I can program and download my program from Conected Components Workbench without problem.

Try changing the shortcut type (below the offline tag file) from processor to symbolic.

Excellent. That was the solution. Now I can see Micro820 tags in FactoryTalk View.

Thanks FluxCap. Hope this solution will be useful to someone else.

Hello guys!
I have the same problem!!
Error creating the connection between Facktory Talk and MICRO850 simulation.
- I tried everything including selecting the "Shortcut Type = Symbolic" and nothing to work!
- I have updated all EDS and Patch / Pack and nothing works!

I'm working with a virtual machine. Below are the versions of my software:
- Virtual Machine - VMWARE Workstation 15.5.6
- Windows 7 Professional - 64Bits
- Connected Components Workbench "CCW" - Ver. 12.00.00
- FactoryTalk View Studio - Ver. 11.00.00 (CPR 9 SR 11)

Note that FactoryTalk warns that the Ethernet connection point cannot be used.

Does anyone know what this error is and how to solve it?