Yaskawa F7 help

bullman1083

Hello, I am currently troubleshooting a yaskawa F7 drive that runs a motor for a rubber breakdown mill. When trying to jog the mill in reverse nothing happens. I am using 2 wire control and have 24v signal at terminal S2 and parameter B1-04 is set to 0(reverse enabled). Is there something im missing? Could the terminal on the drive have gone out? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

By your description not clear if this is a new install or an existing install that was running fine but now not running. By default terminal S2 is reverse RUN not JOG if the run led comes on but is blinking this indicates Drive is running but has no speed reference. Also not sure how your run forward is set up but by default the S terminals are set up for sinking using the internal power supply if your 24+ is coming from another supply it won’t work see table 2.15 on page 3-23 of the manual for examples I’ve gotten stumped by this before

I don't think you are giving enough information to give a clear picture of the problem. Are you trying to put the VFD in reverse JOG via the terminal inputs, or by placing the VFD in local?

Usually I see a VFD wired so it would need multiple terminal inputs made to JOG REVERSE. Yaskawa F7 also has a JOG terminal input. I think the standard setup you would need REVERSE Run/Stop input, JOG input, and a speed reference for JOG speed (speed reference either supplied externally or by internal parameter).

I set up my shop lathe with a Yaskawa drive, although a newer model (V1000). It needed inputs as I described above to JOG in reverse. In my case the reverse jog speed is set by parameter.