10A motor Starter Over Ethernet IP or EtherCat

mad4x4

Looking for Ideas for a distributed control system and need to start a 10A Motor (DOL) or Revsing (DOL), would rather have a EthernetIP conncetion to the motor starter rather than having to put in a distributed IO box for DO's and Din's.

In the Past we have done the same with TESYS U over profibus or Modbus. is there a similar product that will allow start stop over either EtherNet IP or EtherCat? Doesn;t need to Schenider.

I could put a VDF on the motor and control that but VDF control on this is not required and being 3phase @ 10A load makes the VFD to large and a bit of overkill and costly

Have 5 Motors to address in this fashion all distributed.

I use these all the time "Modbus TCP". You can order with Relay outputs but I just use there DO and wire an external relay for "SINK".

They work very well.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mod...Watchdog-Supports-10MHz-High/32838142273.html

Turck also makes a very compact Ethernet-based IO modules. Here is one flavor:

https://www.automationworld.com/art...ethernet-digital-i-o-modules-built-web-server

Doing it this way or with small-scale remote IO will likely be cheaper than Ethernet-enabled motor starters.

Last edited:
You would probably be better off in the long term to just install a small remote rack.
Reason being, you will most always need to add things later. Sensors, coils, etc.
As mentioned, cheaper too.

Unless you need to take advantage of the features like a E300 has. Need to reset overloads and monitor power readings over Ethernet? If not, then remote IO is best option.