Omron Programmable Terminal

I set up a CS1G system.
Error LED is on solid.
Input module indicators are working.

You may need to check I/O power.

This wouldn't keep me from going online with the processor though, right? I noticed that all of the dip switches were off, in my original photo, before I touched anything. I am able to go online with it in that condition and it allowed me to add a description and then download the program back to the CPU.

Did you "create" the IO Table on the new processor?

No, I thought it would do that when I downloaded the original program into the new CPU. I did try again though, and now there are no alarms. I think the issue was my RIO (RM201). Now it is blinking and happy.

Get online
Ensure PLC is in Program
On the left side, open on I/O table.
Right click, select "Create I/O Table"
Put PLC into run when ready

Get online
Ensure PLC is in Program
On the left side, open on I/O table.
Right click, select "Create I/O Table"
Put PLC into run when ready

I now have my new Yaskawa Sigma 7's installed, jogging all 3 axes, learning the Sigmawin+ software....kid in a candy store sort of a thing. Anyway, I hope I don't sound to ridiculous with this question but, do I need to set soft overtravels in the Yaskawa or in the Omron MC421?

"I now have my new Yaskawa Sigma 7's installed, jogging all 3 axes, learning the Sigmawin+ software....kid in a candy store sort of a thing. Anyway, I hope I don't sound to ridiculous with this question but, do I need to set soft overtravels in the Yaskawa or in the Omron MC421?"

In systems I worked with, soft and Hard limits are done with the MC421.
(may be other ways to skin the cat) See manual W359-E1-04

The soft limit in the Motion Card is done in the "Machine Parameters"

Question, seems you have upgraded your Servo drives?
In the older Sigma series, to work with the Omron Motion card, 2 Yaskawa parameters needed to be changed:
P50A default 2100, change to 8100
P50B default 6543, change to 6548
Is this still true with the Sigma 7?

For others not following, thread below contains more info about the current conversation:
Omron CS1G PLC
CS1G-MC421 4 axis motion card, (3 used)
Yaskawa Sigma servo drives and servo motors (3)
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=122889&page=3

Another question please: Is there a way to look at I/O addressing in the MC421? I am looking for the command to tell the servo to turn on.

Also just noticed, the data is coming from word 2018
--As your MC421 motion card is set to "Mach 0"--
Word 2018 and the next 29 words contains a lot of the data the MC card can share with the PLC.
--Manual W359, Section 5-3

So in ensense, it seems, the code is making a "Mirror" of the information coming from the MC card.

Part of what the first word is sharing is shown below:

Capture.JPG

"Another question please: Is there a way to look at I/O addressing in the MC421? I am looking for the command to tell the servo to turn on."

Shown below, instructions from the PLC to the MC Card start at word 2000 as shown below.

Last image posted is most likely what you are looking for.

Both images from manual W359, Section 5-3

Capture.JPG Capture1.JPG