MicroLogix 1400--write to (adjust) real time clock

Skidood

Hi all
I thought I had this working but upon doing a checkup a few months after the machine was commissioned, I found that adjusting the RTC via the HMI results in a controller fault. I am simply copying an integer representing (for example) the minute of the day and sending it to the RTC. See the image I attached.. My understanding was the the Copy Word instruction was the only way to do it. I don't know what to put in as the length..is 1 OK? Again, I could have sworn this was working fine during the program debugging phase . Can anyone comment?

sxcreen12.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, I do know that invalid values (eg 27 for the month) will fault the processor....I have checked for this possibility, all is OK.

Try using a one shot on the push of the button.

What currently happens when the button is held during the seconds increment from 59 to 0?

I found that adjusting the RTC via the HMI results in a controller fault

Hi,

May not be related to your issue, but i seem to remember that if i didn't initially set the RTC (using the RSLogix environment) it would fault the controller. Once it was set once and had valid data, it seemed i could write to the RTC registers as per your code without issue.

Rob