Mitsubishi FX5 F800 inverter control

steveb1234

Hi,
I am trying to create a program for the 5U that can communicate to 2 or 3 VFDs (individual control, not broadcast) using the inverter commands (IVCK, IVDR, IVRD). My code was fine for the FX3u, but when converted to 5u an extra field is added for 3 monitoring M registers indicating if the line was executed and whether properly or not. I have several written points to the drives and many monitored points (during different conditions). Unfortunately, I run into issues where the communications to the drives drop out.
Has anyone successfully done this or know of a good reference? I've looked extensively and have not found one.
The examples in the FX5 User's Manual Serial Communications manual are extremely basic and don't provide enough detail.
Thanks,
Steve