Power flex drive

F005 is an over voltage fault. Simply pressing the stop button on the front of the drive will reset it.

There are other ways to reset your drive depending on the part number and how it is connected to your PLC.

Pressing the stop button on the drive didn't reset the fault?

I'm certain that will reset the fault. If your problem is something else, I would encourage you to provide as much detail as you can.

If you are looking for advice as to why you are getting a F005 fault, it is typically because something is driving your motor. For example, a heavy load trying to stop too fast.

Describe all of the hardware involved, the specific application and what you are trying to solve.

Pressing the stop button on the drive didn't reset the fault?

I'm certain that will reset the fault. If your problem is something else, I would encourage you to provide as much detail as you can.

If you are looking for advice as to why you are getting a F005 fault, it is typically because something is driving your motor. For example, a heavy load trying to stop too fast.

Describe all of the hardware involved, the specific application and what you are trying to solve.

Or, there really is a line over voltage condition and it is still there after you reset it...

Most likely cause of that is fault is regen being dumped on the dc bus of the drive from the motor. Adjust your decel and or ramps and run again. If you can’t you need a braking resistor.

One thing I see sometimes is when a drive is set to "coast" stop mode and is stopped and restarted again quickly before the motor stops, the drive will try to start from 0Hz and the resulting regen causes the overvoltage trip.

I agree with jraef. What voltage are you reading at the incoming power terminals of the drive? Resetting the fault is one thing, but knowing what caused the fault will help minimize any future resets.