Real Time Clock Value on PLC

matt4276

Im using a AB CompactLogix 1769 L24ER QBFC1B Processor and Studio 5000. I want to be able to use the GSV instruction to display the actual time of the day on an a PanelView. I have already used the GSV instruction to set the PLC local time variables into an array and it works fine. The problem is that the time that the PLC has is not the actual time of the real world. Is there a way to sync the PLC time and the actual time and if not, how can I make sure that these two values are the same? Any help is appreciated.

There are a handful of ways to do this. If you have the PLC on a network along with PCs that can run the Logix5000 Clock Update Tool. It is a windows based application that will allow you to pick and choose PLCs on the network which you want to have the clocks updated. It can be run manually or on a schedule.

You could also allow the HMI operator to enter a time manually and use those entries with a SSV instruction to set the WallClockTime.