Cognex Dataman

janner_10

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone know if the above can produce to csv, say start a new file on a pc every 5 minutes?

A bit of Googling would suggest at least you can log to csv, but without a reader to hand it a bit tricky navigating the set up tool.

A quick check, I see you can data log w/ the setup tool open. I don't see a quick easy way to start a new file on any frequency however.

You can also transfer the results via FTP and append to a specific file, but I also don't see a way to change those files every 5 mins.

Maybe with some scripting, That might be something to check w/ Cognex on directly.

Several years ago I set up communications between a GE QuickPanel and a Dataman using ModbusTCP. Clicking a button on the HMI would run a script which wrote a command string to the Dataman and then set the string command trigger bit of the command word. The command string was to FTP the image buffer file to the HMI.
I expect you could do something similar with the data. As I recall the FTP procedure always writes to the same file name, so once you receive fresh data, you'll probably have to rename the file with the fresh data so it doesn't get overwritten by the next FTP transaction.