Dual Loop PID Controller

Money4Nothing

Has anyone ever used a stand-alone Dual Loop PID process/temp controller that is programmable to automatically select between two PID loops to control a single output?

Most of the controllers I find only have manual select between the two control loops.

$

Yep, done it a couple times with a Honeywell I forgot the model number, maybe cheaper to use a plc?

Edit... it was a UDC6300

Last edited:
Yep, done it a couple times with a Honeywell I forgot the model number, maybe cheaper to use a plc?

I only know you can do this with a Sipart because I had do replace one with a Plc ;-)

If you have to do advanced control with these non-plc controllers, it's either a mess to program them via display, or you also need some kind of programming software.