serial connection between panelview1000, plc program, ethernet, slc 5/05 controller

kasongomoma

Hi
Can someone help me please on how to make a serial connection between panelview1000, ethernet hub, SLC 5/05. I want to be able to use my laptop with the program and use the panel view at thesame time. Do have to set IP ADDRESSES USING RSLINX ?

HEllo kasongomoma,

It seems you need to use rsview ME, then you can configure it at rslinx enterprises. In the communication Rslinx tab choose target and then add DF1 communication --> Add Processor (SLC/05) and make a topic then map to it.
So load your runtime to panelview and connect serial cable to it. Please to search at AB the pin connection if you want to make the cable by your own.
Hope this will help.
Regards,
Munzii

if this is PV1000 and not PV1000+, then RSViewME has nothing to with this, you need PanelBuilder32 to program the HMI.

you need to specify part number of the HMI so one can determine communication options.

if using ethernet:
you can also have DHCP enabled and server running or
you need to set IP address of each device, then let RSLinx know
what those addresses are...
each device need unique IP address such as:
192.168.1.1 (laptop or whatever...)
192.168.1.2 PLC
192.168.1.3 HMI
and all of them would have to have same SubnetMask such as 255.255.255.0

all devices (laptop, plc, hmi,..) will be connected to ethernet switch or hub using straight through ethernet cables (don't use crossover)

if you are planing on using DF1 (RS232) things are a bit more complicated:
you connect to PLC using either RS232 or ethernet
(if you plug directly to PLC you need ethernet crosover cable, for DF1 you need RS232 crossover or nullmodem cable such as 1746-CP3), you need to setup PLC for pass through...
remaining PLC port can be connected to HMI (if HMI supports it),
port setting have to be matched etc.

Last edited: