PF700 drive will not restart remotely unless power cycling drive

remullis

I am trying to determine what parameter may not be set correctly on a particular ID fan drive. After power outage the drive would not start remotely and has to power cycled to start. The only thing I noticed different in the drawings is parameter 365 is set to " not used", but says it should be set to "Aux Fault". Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks
Rich

If you set the input to not used, that is probably okay.

There are a handful of faults that do indeed require a power cycle to clear up and I am not sure the manual properly identifies all of them.

It would be helpful if you tell us more about the drive in question, especially how it is being remotely controlled, as well as any stored fault information you may have retrieved.

There are several different ways to clear a PowerFlex 700 fault. Would need some more info about the way the drive is being controlled. The four ways to clear a fault are Pressing the stop button, Cycle drive power, Set parameter 240 [Fault Clear] to 1, and "clear faults" on the HIM Diagnostic menu. At our plant we always use a three wire start/stop wiring method and we just have operators remotely press the stop button to clear the fault and then start the drive.

It would be helpful if you tell us more about the drive in question, especially how it is being remotely controlled, as well as any stored fault information you may have retrieved.

remullis,

You should be able to access the fault que (last 16 faults )

On the HIM press esc, select diagnostics, select faults, select fault que. The most recent fault is #1.