Plc 5/10 1771 if15i

bigLee

I have a working PLC 5/10 with 1771 16 channel analog input module. Currently has 4 direct 2 wire analog signals in. Just positive and negative landed on channels 0-3. 4 is common?

An instrument has changed from direct analog in signal to an internally powered 24vdc sourcing input.

My question is, do I need 250 ohm resistors between my input wires and/ or do I need to change a jumper for this channel on the module?

I'm not really familiar with these older cards. I know typically I can seperate the signals somehow before the input terminals so the positive analog signal is received onto the negative wire terminal at analog card.

Any insight is appreciated.

So, Are these inputs voltage or current inputs? If I remember right, those cards allowed you to set each 'pair' of inputs (0,1 2,3 4,5 etc...) to either voltage or current and differential or single ended. Bunch of options, best to grab the manual for the card.

It sounds like you have a 1771-IFE analog input module? Which is capable of 16 single ended analog inputs or 8 differential inputs. I have never used a resistor on these units, they have the resistance build in to the channel.

I think in single ended mode the channels are broken up into 4's for example 1,2,3,4 are channels 1-4, 5 is common, 6,7,8,9 are channels 5-8, 10 is common, and so on. in differential mode 1,2 is channel 1. 3,4 is channel 2. 5 is not used, and so on.

I advise downloading the manual, the channel setting jumpers are different depending on the series of the module. There is a series A, B, or C at least.

Last edited:
if it is the 1771-IFE, there are jumpers under the cover that are used to set the channels to either voltage or current. There is a guide printed on the card/circuit board, and it is straightforward.