Intouch WW Tagname DB

bigsteve777

I'm having an issue with Tagname DB in a WW project. I've been asked to verify the Alarm's are all named and correct. My issue is when I try and open the Tagname DB the software freezes. I have several backup copies from over the years and none of them will open the Tagname DB. I've had colleges try with the same result. I'm running InTouch Version 10.6 the project is version 9. I'm fairly new to WW just making smaller modifications in the past.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

You might try doing a DBDUMP (which is a stand-alone .exe) which <<should>> export your Tagname DB into a CSV file. You can then view this in Excel to verify your alarms. If you've lived a virtuous life, the alarms will all be good, and you won't have to try to fix the DB.

You might also spot a corrupt tag, which you <<might>> fix in Excel, re-save to CSV and (after making a backup of the WORKING InTouch application) import with a DBLOAD. Even if you don't see anything, the DBLOAD <<might>> fix things.

Caveat emptor, YMMV, proceed at your own risk, money-back guarantee on this free advice (you get what you paid for), past performance is not an indicator of future results, etc.

Good luck!

õ¿õ¬

Last edited:
I would also recommend opening InTouch (Application Manager) and performing a DBDump. You should be able to filter your tags and see which ones are set to alarm and check the alarm comments easily through Excel. Another thing you could possibly try is performing a repair on the database. Use these tools at your own risk and make sure you make a backup of your application first before doing anything. I've placed a link below to two different copies of Wonderware's repair utility that I've saved over the years. Feel free to login to Wonderware's support site and search/download an official copy from there though.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hu0ur88hc56x66s/AADn6ZqbPtMAXvL8TLBKrCX2a?dl=0

Thanks guys for your help.

Aardwizz I did try this after my post. When looking about at the saved DB.csv files I finally found one with information. I tried doing a DBLoad. Program still froze.

PCMusicGuy I ran that software and it said there was nothing that needed repair.

So This is what I did to resolve the issue although I believe I still have some more work to do. I exported All the windows into a new project. I then did a DBLoad and wow it worked. I'm able to open up the Tagname Dictionary and all my tags are there up to the date of the backup. Time to figure out what was added since then.
Thanks for your helps guys!