Can not find Firmware version for Compactlogix

backendcode

Good Morning Everyone,

I need your help. I am going to flash brand new Compactlogix 1769-L24ER-QB1B. I used Rslogix 5000 V 20.04 to program my project and I need to flash the firmware with the same version 20.04. According to Allen Bradley website,
Compactlogix 1769-L24ER-QB1B support RSlogx 5000 20.04 version and I should be able to download the firmware of same version(I guess) but when I tried to download, I only show me 30.01 version of firmware to download.

https://ibb.co/heY4rG

How can I download the firmware 20.04 because my programming software is 20.04

Please help me with it!

Thank you,

Good Morning Everyone,

I need your help. I am going to flash brand new Compactlogix 1769-L24ER-QB1B. I used Rslogix 5000 V 20.04 to program my project and I need to flash the firmware with the same version 20.04. According to Allen Bradley website,
Compactlogix 1769-L24ER-QB1B support RSlogx 5000 20.04 version and I should be able to download the firmware of same version(I guess) but when I tried to download, I only show me 30.01 version of firmware to download.

https://ibb.co/heY4rG

How can I download the firmware 20.04 because my programming software is 20.04

Please help me with it!

Thank you,

ComptactLogix Firmware at RA PCDC

17.47MB

Ok awesome guys! I got the DMK file of v 20.01 and I have Rslogix 5000 v 20.04.

.01 AND .04 doesn't match! but the major version does match so I should be Ok? I guess

Thank you again to both of you guys for helping me out

Personally I would go with the latest revision that is compatible with the version you programmed with. My link points you to 20.014; Ron pointed at 20.019 which looks to be the latest and greatest for that version of software and according to the RA PCDC, has a few things fixed over mine. I would go with the 20.019.

Capture.jpg

ok Thank you so much Jason! Last question, I downloaded firmware 20.019 and file extension is .DMK and I downloaded this file on my desktop. When I will open my controlFlash to update my firmware, Should I automatically see the available version of firmware or do i need to import or do something with this downloaded firmware version.

I can find the path of my controlFlash to move the downloaded DMK file. I went to program file\rockwellautomation but can't see controlFlash FOLDER.

Anyways, Thank you for your time
Much appreciated

ok Thank you so much Jason! Last question, I downloaded firmware 20.019 and file extension is .DMK and I downloaded this file on my desktop. When I will open my controlFlash to update my firmware, Should I automatically see the available version of firmware or do i need to import or do something with this downloaded firmware version.

I can find the path of my controlFlash to move the downloaded DMK file. I went to program file\rockwellautomation but can't see controlFlash FOLDER.

Anyways, Thank you for your time
Much appreciated

My default location is "C:\\Program Files(x86)\ControlFlash

Or you can add a custom location

ControlFlash.jpg

DMK is a new format for control flash. In order to see it you will need to download the latest control flash software as well Or atleast > v13

.01 AND .04 doesn't match! but the major version does match so I should be Ok?

In general, only the Major Revision has to match between RSLogix 5000/Studio 5000 and the firmware in the controller.

I'm going to greatly simplify the story (a great blog post about it is here), but in the middle of Version 20 there was a clumsy transition to firmware with digital signatures for security, which made minor revisions incompatible; you couldn't program a version 20.01 controller with version 20.03 software, and vice versa.

Rockwell fixed that with RSLogix 5000 version 20.04, which provides support for all version 20.x controllers.

Yes, I'm bumping an old thread but similiar issue.

I downloaded the 5380 firmware and it comes in a zip file which control flash doesn't seem to recognize. There are no mdk or install file inside the zip file so I'm kinda stuck. Any ideas?