Looking for a Scale with Parameters ( SCLP ) in RS Logix 5000 and cannot find ?

Good Afternoon ,

I'm working on a project with a 1769-L33ER processor and a 1769-IF8. I took notice that I cannot scale the card like I thought , but I was thinking I could use the SCLP ( Scale with Parameters ) . I thought I could use the SCLP in RS Logix 5000 ( Ver.28 ) Standard Edition , but I could not find it . I had another laptop that has RS Logix 5000 ( Ver. 28 ) Full Edition , and I thought for sure that I could find the instruction in the Full Edition.

What do you guys think the reason is that I cannot find it ? I found a thread dated 2006 ,I think, dealing with scaling . It seems like the SCLP would work well. I have a number of Analog Inputs in this project.

Thanks so much like always ,

Rockwell has an AOI for the SCP. I think if selected during original it will be located the the Rockwell's sample file on you computer.

I ran into this same thing, I'm used to the MicroLogix 1100 and RSLogix Micro where the SCL and SCP instructions are available. After hearing that the scaling in Logix 5000 is done at the card, I went to the channel configuration and you can see that you change the 0-100% to whatever you need it to be. In my case, 4-20mA corresponded to 0-4095. When I changed 0-100% to 0-4095, the % changed to EU (Engineering Units), and everything worked as intended. Does that answer your question?

EDIT: I was using ControlLogix, not sure if that applies to Compact.

Last edited:
That actually looks a bit more complicated than I thought, and seems to apply to applications using a SLC. I basically just did simple y=mx+b using a MUL and SUB instruction. Going to find a screenshot and post.

Screenshot attached.

In my example:

m (slope) = (scaled max - scaled min)/(eng unit max - eng unit min)

m = (55.36-0)/(20000-4000) = 55.36/16000 = 0.00346

b is always negative 1/4 of your scaled max. In this instance, 1/4 of 55.36 is 13.84, so instead of adding a negative number, I just used a SUB instruction instead.

So y=mx+b is just taking the raw input (Local:8:I.Ch0Data), multiplying it by 0.00346 and subtracting 13.84 from it.

EDIT: Forgot to add, my Data Format on the card config is selected to Engineering Units, which makes the raw data come in as 4mA = 4000 and 20mA = 20000.

CompactLogix analog scaling.PNG

Last edited:
Does it matter if it is version 16 ?

SCP Scale w/Parameters AOI for RSlogix 5000 ver 16

After I download , I right click on the Add-On-Instruction and Import ?
I guess when the download happens , it stores it in the folder that the
import process is looking for it ?

Does it matter if it is version 16 ?

SCP Scale w/Parameters AOI for RSlogix 5000 ver 16

After I download , I right click on the Add-On-Instruction and Import ?
I guess when the download happens , it stores it in the folder that the
import process is looking for it ?

The file you download is a .exe, and when you run it, you point it to a location (e.g. your Downloads folder), and that puts a zip file in the destination, and you unzip this file which contains a .L5X file. Then you right-click the Add-On Instructions in Logix and import the .L5X file.

Logix 5000 does have a SCP but for SFC only, so I just create an AOI with a SFC and drop a SCP on it. Then I can use it in ladder. I do the same thing with the PIDE.

Nn8z1z2ECKhPSQO7SFxaA+JQ3tIHNpD4tAeEucfGO7EenaedX4AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Nn8z1z2ECKhPSQO7SFxaA+JQ3tIHNpD4tAeEucfGO7EenaedX4AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Thanks ,

Yes , I downloaded the Add On Instruction , and imported it into the Add On Instruction Folder. I guess Add On Instructions have their own Sub-Routines ? It created a rung with 2- CPT's in them with their destinations being Rate and Output . I thought I would get a SCLP instruction that I could create my tags , min and max , etc.

Do I need to create tags and overwrite the ones in the CPT's ? I'm sorry. I thought it would be " cut and dry "