Omron CX-Programmer files

CRMCC

I have uploaded the PLC program from some of our equipment and have this stored on the laptop used for programming. I would now like to save a copy to our network drive as a back-up. The problem is when using windows explorer to find the files I am unable to even see the folder they are stored in. I have thought of using the CX-Programmer software to copy the files to the network but as the files cannot be seen the directory could get deleted by other people. I have also tried to find the files using CMD without any success. Does any one know how to copy the files to a network?

Sounds like either a 'hidden folders' thing or a system folder thing. Possibly both.

Some programs hide things in a folder under 'User'. One program was storing things
in a place called 'AppData'. Yet another program tucks things into a subdirectory
under 'Program files'.

Under Windows 10, Windows Explorer, there is a tab titled 'View'. Click that
and then there is a check box for 'hidden items'. Or try the 'Help' command looking
for 'hidden folders'.

Lastly, I once had to download a thing, 'Save' it, and write down the file path to
where the program insisted on saving it then 'view hidden files' to reveal it.
(So I could delete something I didn't want saved there.)

Once the items are found, then copy and save them to someplace which is
more easily accessed.

Which is why I almost never save things where Windows wants to save things.
Poet.

+1 Mad_Poet
CX Programmer will save the files with a .CXP extension.
These will be stored in or around the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\OMRON\CX-One\CX-Programmer\Examples

Regards,

Thanks for replying with your suggestions.
I didn't make it clear in the OP that I have hidden files set to view and I know the location, but the folders are only visible when I browse to the location using cx-programmer.
I have attached an image showing the problem. On the left is the cx-programmer browse window, and below it on the right is the Windows explorer view. I am using windows 10 64bit.

Omron.png

You aren't looking at the same directory in both images. On the right in windows explorer, try scrolling down and finding a folder called "Gainsborough"

On the right, Windows Explorer, I do not see the subdirectory 'Gainsborough'.
Kind of hard to open it if one can't see it.

What is inside the 'Examples' subdirectory?

And I would try 'showing' the hidden files again from where the windows explorer
is currently. Also, 'Gainsborough' looks to be a subdirectory someone local to
the organization created . . . and there are ways to hide subdirectories that tech
gurus know that we mere mortals do not . . .

(Or is Gainsborough someplace special to Omron?)

Poet.

You aren't looking at the same directory in both images. On the right in windows explorer, try scrolling down and finding a folder called "Gainsborough"
That is the problem, the other folders don't show up.

On the right, Windows Explorer, I do not see the subdirectory 'Gainsborough'.
Kind of hard to open it if one can't see it.

What is inside the 'Examples' subdirectory?

And I would try 'showing' the hidden files again from where the windows explorer
is currently. Also, 'Gainsborough' looks to be a subdirectory someone local to
the organization created . . . and there are ways to hide subdirectories that tech
gurus know that we mere mortals do not . . .

(Or is Gainsborough someplace special to Omron?)

Poet.

I created the Gainsborough and PLC folders when first saving the programs. The examples directory has 2 files that were created when the program was installed

You could try creating a folder C:\PLC\etc and file save as your program into there...

This is on Windows XP

PROBLEM RESOLVED
The problem seems to be when saving to the Omron folder that was created at install. Nothing shows up for me when I save files to this directory, though they are still accessable when browsing with cx-programmer. I have created a folder in the "Documents" folder and can access the files that are saved to this directory.
(y)
Thanks everyone that has replied.