Control 3 Lights From 1 Switch

Greekgod1820

Hello everyone,

I am trying to setup a Rung Latter Setup with LogixPro where one switch I:1/2 normally open will operate 3 lights O:1/0,O:1/1,O:1/2. I want it so that when I push the push button switch that light 1 will turn on and when I release the switch it will stay on. However, when I press the switch again light 1 will turn off and light 2 will turn on and stay on when I release the switch. Then once again when I press the button light 2 will turn off and light 3 will turn on and stay on when I release the switch. I've trided using latch and unlatch also I've tried setting up a generic flip flop with no success any suggestions or solutions?

I would use a counter that when on 0 the first light will be energized, when 1 activate light 2 and 2 energize light 3. The counter will increase everytime you press the switch and it resets when goes up to 3 and starts the count again.

First, thank you for the fast reply. Now I'm not to familiar with counters, I am just getting started with PLC's. How do you set them up in logix pro?

Search for HOMEWORK

as in "Do your own..."

or

as in "Show us what you have first, then we'll help"

When in logixpro click on help then student execises, the idea is that you read the help files before attempting the exercises.

LH

Greekgod1820 said:
Hello everyone,

I am trying to setup a Rung Latter Setup with LogixPro where one switch I:1/2 normally open will operate 3 lights O:1/0,O:1/1,O:1/2. I want it so that when I push the push button switch that light 1 will turn on and when I release the switch it will stay on. However, when I press the switch again light 1 will turn off and light 2 will turn on and stay on when I release the switch. Then once again when I press the button light 2 will turn off and light 3 will turn on and stay on when I release the switch. I've trided using latch and unlatch also I've tried setting up a generic flip flop with no success any suggestions or solutions?

Please come up with a list of your
inputs
loads served
outputs

That may get you started
Hint you can use as many bit type outputs as you want ie B:0/1 etc.
Dan Bentler