Some doubts regarding the I/O Configuration on Studio 5000

royalmaster

Hello everyone! I'm a new PLC programmer and have some doubts regarding the I/O configuration on studio 5000:

1. I can't find the EDS file for 1756-EN2TR, do you guys know where I can find it?

2. I installed the EDS file for the 5094-AEN2TR but it doesn't show for me on my "Select module type" when I try to add a new module on the I/O Configuration. Would you guys might know why this is happening?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards.

Royal

What version of studio 5000 you using?
What controller you using?

I'm using Studio 5000 Logix Designer Version 28.00 - Professional Edition

So I'm currently using the 1756-L83E because I can't find the EDS file for the 1756-L83ES in the Rockwell database or anywhere else.

If you are using RSLinx Classic revision 2.51 or greater perform the following steps:

Right-click on the yellow question mark.
Click Upload EDS file from device if it is an option.

This will open the Rockwell Automation’s EDS Wizard. Once complete, the yellow question mark should be replaced with an icon of the module.

123.jpg

What version of studio 5000 you using?
What controller you using?

If you are using RSLinx Classic revision 2.51 or greater perform the following steps:

Right-click on the yellow question mark.
Click Upload EDS file from device if it is an option.

This will open the Rockwell Automation’s EDS Wizard. Once complete, the yellow question mark should be replaced with an icon of the module.

it doesn't show on the "Select module type" tho
even after installing the EDS file for the 5094-AEN2TR here:

https://compatibility.rockwellautom...umb=112&refSoft=1&toggleState=&versions=59626

To be able to add 5094-AEN2TR you need to have an ethernet module added in your project first.

If you have 1756-EN2TR in your project tree then right click on that and select add new module, then assuming you have added the eds(es) for the 5094 it should be available

To be able to add 5094-AEN2TR you need to have an ethernet module added in your project first.

If you have 1756-EN2TR in your project tree then right click on that and select add new module, then assuming you have added the eds(es) for the 5094 it should be available

for some reason, even after instaling the 5094-AEN2TR EDS files, it still isn't showing on the catalog. tbh I have no idea why bc I downloaded them directly from the Rockwell's database

has anyone had an issue accessing the embedded webpage in the 5094 ethernet adapter?
I'm using the rotary switches 192.168.1.1 , pretty simple, i have two 5094-ENT2R , they are not connected to a controller on a network or configured, I'm trying to connect to set up the IP using the webpage as I have done many times with the flexIO just connecting with my laptop, but its my first 5094

Any ideas?

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Can you PING the adapters ? Does RSLinx Classic see them in a network browse ?

You say you have two of them... of course they need individual unique IP addresses.

Are you 100% sure that you don't already have something connected to your computer as 192.168.1.1, especially a WiFi access point or gateway that might be connected at the same time as these hardwired adapters ?

What does show up when you put the IP address into your browser bar ?

Which web browsers have you tried ?

I bought a new Ethernet switch from Moxa the other day and found that Firefox, Chrome, and Edge go into a login loop. I had to use legacy Internet Explorer 11 just to log into the device.

When troubleshooting browser-based configuration issues, just repeat to yourself: "it could have been a Java interface".

Has anyone had any luck adding a 5094 rack as a Generic Ethernet Bridge with CIP Bus modules? I can't find any info on the I/O modules Assembly Instances.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Please don't resurrect peripherally-related threads, even from just two years ago.

Go to the main Q&A page, then click the green "Start a New Thread" button at the upper left.

It is not normal to attempt to configure and run A-B I/O modules that have their own module profiles using Generic Ethernet objects, so please post a good reason why you want to do so.

It is not normal to attempt to configure and run A-B I/O modules that have their own module profiles using Generic Ethernet objects, so please post a good reason why you want to do so.

My go-to example (yes, I've been asked enough times :oops:) is the PowerFlex 525. I run these as generic modules and defer parameter configurations to an AOI.

Because its AOP keys the connection to a specific drive type, you must replace a failed drive with the exact hardware. There's not a lot preventing you from running a 3.0 HP motor with a 5.0 HP drive beyond correct motor plate and overload settings, though. If/when supply/inventory shortages happen, re-building projects and taking processes offline when the short-term, non-essential component fails might not be an option. The customer also only needs to worry about configuring the replacement VFD's IP address with with the original.

Or, for example, customers randomly specify a minimum 3.0 horsepower rating across the board on otherwise "OEM standard" projects containing a scattered mix of sub-3.0 HP motors, you're in need of project rebuilds and keeping track of what settings were done where and why.

- Avoiding the ADC Run -> Program -> Run transition is another aspect.
- Another is the ability to just copy-paste a generic item from the tree into other project trees.

As far as generic I/O goes, if the assembly sizes happened to be the same number of bytes across module types, I suppose it could be argued that the module-specific data could be sussed from a generic I:[container] type in real-time (DINT, REAL, and groups of BOOL could be realized as DWORD by protocol, for example), and then you could just have unordered racks of I/O that you handle by treating as a pool of assignable resources to various "soft" device objects (i.e. PAx stuff) via a "pointer-to-blob". That's a far-cry from most installations ever realized, but I don't necessarily think it's a pie-in-the-sky, either.

I had a conversation with Rockwell at length last week about this regarding the incoming Armor PowerFlex and how helpful that a "flexible-enough" AOP would be for machine-mountable equipment, no less. Of the Q/A exchange, this one is still outstanding, so I suspect these will also be treated generically when we come to use them.

Last edited: