PLC S7300 Bus Connector

g_simons

G
Regarding the S7-300 racks I am not sure whether I must acquire a bus connector connecting the I/O modules to each other, or the bus connectors are not necessary due to the integrated bus housing.

Frankly speaking the sentence "The backplane bus is integrated into the module. Interfacing with the module is via bus connectors which are inserted into the rear of the housing" mentioned in the Siemens catalog, does not give me enough clues if I must purchase an individual bus connector (Which its code order is still unknown to me) or I can be sure about the fact that the I/O modules have their own integrated bus connectors and does not need any further ordered component intended for connecting I/O modules over the DIN Rail.

It would be your kind attention if you assure us about the lack of necessity for bus connectors or let us know about its proper code order

A bus connector is always neccesary, however normally it comes with the i/o module (see catalogue ST70) if you need a spare part the code order is 6ES7 390-0AA00-0AA0.

This only goes for an S7-300

------------------------------------------
To be or not to be, is that a question???

As was stated above the connector comes with the I/O devices with a S7 300 system. The Din rail to mount them on is sold separately.