Prompted to login to install EDS files

phuz

Not sure when this started or what triggered it, but I went to install RSLinx enterprise on a XP VM, which resides on my ESXi server.

If I type my username and password, or the admin username and password, it shows the error below. If I type it incorrectly, it says invalid username or password. What in the world is causing this?

The RA Tech Notes are no help because they don't apply to this.

Capture.JPG

Seeing as I thought this was a Windows issue, I opted to just format/re-install the VM (since it only contains FTView, Panelbuilder32, and PB1400e). On a brand new installation of XP SP3, I am installing FTView 8.2 again and it prompts for the same username and password. What is going on?

FWIW, I also tried logging into Windows using the Administrator account and performing the install. Same results.

Last edited: