Downloading to a 300 Micro Panelview

Coachman

Having a difficult time downloading a application to a 300 Micro
Panelview. It does not recognize the Panelview. What procedure would you recommended to download to this Panelview. I am using
a 1761-CBL-PM02.

Thanks in advance

There are 2 ways to download.
1) Using the point-point DF1 driver installed with the Panelbuilder32 software.
2) RSlinx, using the DF1 driver.

What method is not functioning?
A problem that I have run into is that if you already have PV+ Com 1 driver running, there will be a conflict with the port.
Another is that you have RSLINX running as a service, with a DF1 driver ready. This will conflict if you are using the built in driver in Panelbuilder32.

Let us know a little more about your issue,.

With your micro 300 connected to your PC;
Open RS Linx.
select communications
select configure drivers
select configure
select auto configure

That should recognize your panel view and make you good to go.

I'm going to propose a new Forum Law for 2007:

"No Allen-Bradley PanelView questions shall be answered unless accompanied by the complete part number of the PanelView terminal."

This Forum Law shall not supplant nor modify the Commandments, including "thou shalt include precise error message text", and "thou shalt not use pronouns without antecedent nouns", which are just good rules for living.

I think you might have a communication port conflict or you aren't selecting the correct protocol driver (DF1 Full Duplex or 1747-PIC/AIC+) in RSLinx or in PanelBuilder32 to work with the PV300 Micro that you have.

Ken Roach said:
I'm going to propose a new Forum Law for 2007:

"No Allen-Bradley PanelView questions shall be answered unless accompanied by the complete part number of the PanelView terminal."

This Forum Law shall not supplant nor modify the Commandments, including "thou shalt include precise error message text", and "thou shalt not use pronouns without antecedent nouns", which are just good rules for living.
Bravo.

Additionally, I think NO QUESTION WHATSOEVER should be asked without listing the complete catalog number (including revison level, series, etc.) of the equipment in question.

This is regardless of manufacturer. A-B PanelViews should not be singled out.