Rockwell -> Siemens Communications

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

We have a site that has ControlLogix, CompactLogix & PV+ as its installed base.
This customer is looking to bring in a machine that has an S7. They have asked if it is possible to integrate this into the exising Rockwell architecture.
I am not sure by how much as yet, perhaps for some basic monitoring of certain elements on the PV+, but perhaps monitoring/interlocking with other plant based on what the machine is doing.

What, if any options are available to acheive this? I know about the ProSoft cards (but have never set one up).

I am not sure if the S7 range supports E/IP of any form?
Would it be possible to add another driver to the PV+ to talk directly to the S7?

Thanks in advance.

I believe PV+ has a KepServer driver suite that also has a driver for Siemens S7.
If you just need to connect the PV+ to S7, then that is the obvious way to go.

If the ControlLogix have to exchange data with the S7, then the Prosoft Profibus card is probably the best way to go.

What CPU type is the S7 ?
Does it have ethernet, or Profibus onboard ?
Can you modify the program on the S7 ?

I believe PV+ has a KepServer driver suite that also has a driver for Siemens S7.
If you just need to connect the PV+ to S7, then that is the obvious way to go.
Cool, I will look into this further. I wonder if this is standard or has to be bought as an extra..?

If the ControlLogix have to exchange data with the S7, then the Prosoft Profibus card is probably the best way to go.
Ok, at this stage am not exactly sure what they want. Only got updated via a scratchy phone call earlier on today.

What CPU type is the S7 ?
Think a 314, need to get that confirmed from them.

Does it have ethernet, or Profibus onboard ?
Can you modify the program on the S7 ?
Again, not sure at this stage, just trying to see what the options are.
Are you asking if the S7 is password protected?

it's not the best, the more safe or clean way but you may add the driver on the PV+ and do a script to connect the information from the AB and Siemens inside the HMI ??? If you just have only few data to pass like running or not and fault condition ???