Redundant PLC

pejo

Due a reorganization in the company we want to work with a redundant system. We have to couple with RS232/RS485 systems. I only worked with Siemens until now, but I assume that there are also other systems on the market. What are the most frequented used systems for the moment (Siemens,Phoenix, AB,….), what is the experience with the systems?

Hello,

We use redundancy often in our projects. We used following solutions:
- Siemens
- Telemecanic
- Phoeninx contact (only studied)

In my experience the siemens redundancy solution S7 400-H not the 300 redundancy is the most flexible and easiest to configure. You program both cpu's as one cpu. And you can access the data from both cpu's in both cpu's.

As for pricing, the siemens solution is one of the more expensive solutions.

In the end you will have to consider what the requirements are for your specific solution, and witch solution to implement.

Regards,

Marsupilami