connect s7 to wincc with pc adaptor?

mansoreh

hi folks
I want to connect s7-300 siemens to wincc v6(sp2) with pc adaptor
is it possible?(for learning and teaching)

Hi,
Yes it is possible, I used to use a PC Adaptor on my test rig testing bits & pieces with WinCC V6.0.

Regards
Steve

hi stevo
it is intersting.please explain it(
esp about its configuration in wincc) becouse I am novice in wincc
in general is it necessary to configure sth in plc to connect to wincc?

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
To setup an MPI connection between WinCC & S7300, You need to set PG/PC Interface to MPI [Wincc] -->PC Adaptor[MPI]
via either Simatic manager or Control Panel

As for creating your first project download "Getting started with Wincc" PDF from the link below, This is what i used to experiment!

http://www4.ad.siemens.de/-snm-0135...ib.csFetch&nodeid=17413658&forcedownload=true

This covers Tag & Screen creation and Comm's setup.

Hopefully this helps!

regards Steve ;)

I think that WinCC need only for information canal.And it does not matter what devece does this canal. I use PLCsimulator S7 3XX/4XX for this task. And all was OK. I use this chain on my home computer.

I become confused,you mean we don,t need cp card in our pc and we can
connect pc to plc directly if so please explain more about its
configuration in wincc

Maybe my english is very hazy. I mean that there is PLCsim. It is program than can simulate CP card and PLC. It is like-> you run PLCsim, it is launched and represents you window where you can set MPI address, stop, run, reset memeory and etc for virtual PLC, and you can get many small window that has checkboxies. These windows represent you memory, datablok byte, word, etc, address, DB registers, ACCU1 and ACCU2 or ACCU1-ACCU4 in case if you have S7-4XX in your project. You must download your project to virtual PLC bevore you can monitor and etc. I hope that anybody PLCs men heard about program like this one.

Hi,
The only difference i can see from the setup you want and what i used to use, Is that on my Laptop i have Wincc & Step7 softare, As regards just running Wincc without Step 7 i can honestly say i havent tried or needed to.

Do you already possess the equipment required for setup? if so hook it up and have a play. Otherwise play it safe and order a PCI type CP & simatic net package.

alternatively contact your local siemens rep and ask advice on what you are about to undertake

good luck
Steve