You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 11th, 2010, 02:23 AM   #1
junior
United States

TwidoSuite Memory

I'm using TwidoSuite v2.2 to program a LCAE40DRF Twido controller. Approx 3/4 the way through the programming I started getting an error message that "The application requires more memory then the controller can provide". I talk to the local Schneider rep and he tells me you need to buy the 64kb memory expansion module. So I do, and I add it into the controller in the TwidoSuite Describe section and keep programming. Even though I added the memory expansion module in the Describe section, I still kept getting the memory error, but I kept programming.

I finished the program and once the expansion memory module arrived, I installed it into the processor, and tried to download the program and to my surprise it would not work because of the not enough memory error.

So now I'm stuck and I'm not sure what to do. When I check the Memory Usage under configure->configure the data, it shows Mem 1 at 107% and Mem 2 at 69 % unused. If this is the case, why am I still getting that there's not enough memory?
Old January 25th, 2011, 01:55 AM   #2
muhd amru
Malaysia

i had the same problem before.. ur Mem 1 at 107% meaning the program thinks u already exceed the usage already.. eventho u havent..
what i did was i re-arranged all of my data..
the allocated %M memory bit is from %M0-%M255, eventho u only use %M255, the program thinks that u r using everything from %M0-%M255...
same goes to objects data.. like %MW
so u just need to allocate it wisely.. hope that helps... or better.. hope im rite~ ^^Y
Old January 25th, 2011, 12:21 PM   #3
Lare
Finland

Try to rearrenge data as muhd amru said.

Timers and memory words take lot of memory and if you have used timer %T127, and %MW2999 word, controller reserves all the timers and memory words to use and there is no much memory anymore available for programming.

From menu: PLC -> Memory Use you can check how much memory is used to timers, program and memory words.

Last edited by Lare; January 25th, 2011 at 12:24 PM.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum