Connection between S7 and PC-Windows: PRODAVE, WinCC, OPC Server or ProTool?

Urk,

Siemens Simit can connect to PLC-SIM and for Simit there is an OPC-Server available.
Since I do not have this software (Simit), I can't tell you if and how it works.

- Robert

About Prodave and VB comunication with PLC 300,

PC with Windows XP
CP 5611 card
VBasic application

Is Prodave a free package or where find it?
Did someone work with a system like the one I would like to develope?

Thanks a lot.
Alex

If your using a cp-343-1 Ethernet card and you're familiar with windows programming using sockets & COM objects you can access the PLC using Native TCP directly without any drivers etc..

DesertDog said:
If your using a cp-343-1 Ethernet card and you're familiar with windows programming using sockets & COM objects you can access the PLC using Native TCP directly without any drivers etc..

DesertDog,

Is it than also possible to communicate to the Siemens software 'Simatic Manager'?

Alexmill,

It's on Sourceforge: http://libnodave.sourceforge.net/

Last edited:
Cimplicity Siemens OPC server or TCP/IP driver

Hello!

I use a CPU 315-2DP with a CP 343-1 and I need to connect to
Cimplicity PE.

I tested Kepserver and it was very easy to set up the connections
(MPI and TCP/IP as well).

Unfortunately, our customer insists on buying an OPC server or
a Siemens TCP/IP driver from GE. We have a trial version for both
of them, but we are unable to get connected. We've got very little
support from GE, it seems that they have never connected a Siemens
PLC to their HMI.

Has anybody tried this exotic combination S7-300 + Cimplicity PE,
using Cimplicity drivers?

After working so smoothly with Kepware, it's really frustrating
not to be able to connect using GE software. I suspect that the
drivers are not running properly without an authorization, even
though it is said that they run for 30 minutes.

Any helpful link or hint would be very much appreciated.
Regards,
Adina

Adina: For the Servers you are using, are you setting up the TSAP path correctly? It is often hidden, or poorly described, but if it's not set properly, you won't be able to get to the actual CPU.

More and more, we've been switching to Topserver by:
http://www.softwaretoolbox.com/
for our HMI's. Nice package, and it can support several different I/O Servers in a single application.

regarding ur msg

plz send that dowloaded example if u can on [email protected]
thanks
URK,

Awhile ago in a tread there was a full example how to make a connection between VB and S7.
I don't seem to find that tread back but i've downloaded the example. If you're interested just let me know and i'll send it to you.

Rudi

hi,
i am new to this site well i would like u guys to help me in giving some information how can we interface the PLC (S7) with the control room and what is the procedure for it and what are we using which cable.

thanks,
M.I.Ahmed

Originally Posted by Fritz_frederix
URK,

Awhile ago in a tread there was a full example how to make a connection between VB and S7.
I don't seem to find that tread back but i've downloaded the example. If you're interested just let me know and i'll send it to you.

Rudi

Please if You can send me this example.
Best regards.

Last edited:

Boris007,

It was a threat dated back to 2004. I stopped as a programmer for over more then 10 years.
I'm afraid I can't help you anymore with this.

sorry
Kind Regards Rudi