Intouch 9.5 reporting to Text File

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a simple Intouch 9.5 application where all I need to do is, at the start of a product run open a text file, then every hour log 32 data analog points converted to string, then after a typical 10 - 12 hour run print the text file to a laser printer, close the file and repeat for the product run.

Has anyone done this without having to use any MicroSoft office products?

I see that Intouch has the StartApp function that can launch WordPad.exe or NotePad.exe. The SendKeys function could send the data, but using a SendKey of (Ctrl)(P) would cause the Windows printer selection dialog to pop up, so this is not good for an automatic print job.

Read up on the FileWriteFields() function. This script allows you to write data to a CSV file. The auto printing of the file maybe a bit difficult. You may be able to use the FileReadFields() function to populate a number of memory tags on a window and then print the window.

Check out FileWriteMessage()and FilePrint(). I think FilePrint() is an older addon but should work.

We run a batch process in our plant and we export data at the end of each batch. We've modified the HistData Export to do this.

I found this as a link, we did pretty much the same thing.

http://fa.sammicomputer.co.kr/TECH/html/using_hi.htm

Although ours is all automated. At the start of a batch we start a timer counter and record the batch start time etc. When we finish a batch we convert the counter to a time and set the duration for export from the start of batch to the end of the calculated duration.