monitoring with gx developer fx

jerrycat

hi everyone,

i am trying to monitor and debug a program using gx developer fx.
the problem is that when the plx (fx2n) is in run mode i cannot force an input device permanently on, at least when i do that i don't see the led corresponding to that input device go on , nor can i see in my monitoring screen that the device is turn on. if the plc is in stop then i can do a device test and the led on the plc corresponding to that device go on or of depending on the action taken.
does the device test momentairly turn a device on is the plc is in run mode. who can help me out here???

You cannot force an input on. You can hit shift then enter on the input and watch it come on/off, but you won't see the led change states because there is no current flow changing. It's just tricking the program into thinking that its on.
Tim

Tim,
i assume you mean i cannot force an input on while the plc is in run mode , because when the plc is in stop mode i can force it on , then the led go on . in this situation their is still no current flowing to the input i ques. if your theory is o.k then the led shouldn,turn.

jerry,
I've never tried it with the plc in stop mode because you cannot monitor the program if the plc is in STOP mode and you said your debugging the program. I'm assuming your sitting in front of your laptop, PLC in run mode and monitoring your program. You want an input to come on in a ladder rung, but you don't want to have to physically turn it on.
If you do as I said with the shift enter then you will see the input go on and off on your laptop screen, but in run mode the led on the plc should not change. I'm curious as to why your concerned with the led changing states.

I use GX Developer Version 7 and would think you can do the same with your GX software as well. Then again maybe the shift enter won't work with FX2N plc or GX-FX version software. Let me know what happens if you hit the shift then enter while the input is boxed in.
Tim

Tim ,

the problem is that i want to turn some input permanently on without using interlock, just for online monitoring purposes.

i learn from another forum that this is not possible with mitsubishi software.

I don't understand jerry it works for me. What interlock are you talking about? You say permanently, but I don't think thats what you really mean. If this is really the case then jumper the input permanently on. Where are these input coming from? Are these inputs changing state frequently?

Forcing, to me is easily not the same as it might be for another person. Especially when your dealing with Mitsubishi.
Tim

Last edited:
Tim,

you are correct Tim,
lately i someone told me it was possible that why i post the question again.