AOIs are being called but when I open them they arent running

MattMatt9

I am using Studio 5000. I know the AOIs are being called and setup properly but when I open the AOI the green bar on the left and right that show its running arent green. Am I missing something?

Are you looking at the definition or the instance of the AOI?
Definition or instance?? Can you expand this explanation please? Does this allow you to see an AOI in action?

This has been a troubleshooting nightmare, at times, for me. I can see the AOI just fine. But I don't see it in action, to see why something is not working.

Is there a way (that I was not aware of) to see the logic conditons inside of an AOI?

Yes. One of the simplest ways is to right click on each AOI instance and click "open instruction logic" to view the running code/values for that instance.

And when you are viewing the AOI definition, or an instance, you will get a drop-down selection in the upper right-hand side of the toolbar to choose your view.

This saves you having to go back to the calling code to find another instance to view.

Definition or instance?? Can you expand this explanation please? Does this allow you to see an AOI in action?

This has been a troubleshooting nightmare, at times, for me. I can see the AOI just fine. But I don't see it in action, to see why something is not working.

Is there a way (that I was not aware of) to see the logic conditons inside of an AOI?

Definition is the code; there is one definition of any given AOI; it defines what inputs and outputs the AOI expects, and what it does.

Instance is each running "instance" of the AOI; there can be many running instances of an AOI. For example, if you had several pumps controlled using the same AOI code but with different physical inputs/outputs/tags, each pump would have one instance of the AOI.

Yes. One of the simplest ways is to right click on each AOI instance and click "open instruction logic" to view the running code/values for that instance.

An "instance" is the animated code for that call - yes you can view the code "in action". Use the drop-down top-right of screen to select your "instance" and you will get the code animated solely for that instance call.

One thing to watch out for - if you open an instance of an AOI, and then cross reference something within it - when you double click on an entry in the cross reference list, it'll take you back to the definition of the AOI. You have to re-select your instance each time.