L5K file from RS5000 to GP Pro EX

sjanes9

I am using an Compactlogix L23E PLC Revision 20. And a Proface IPC Series PS-3651A HMI. I am working with GP Pro EX V4. I am communicating from the PLC to the HMI Via Ehternet IP.
I created a new program in GP Pro and when I imported my L5K file that I exported from the PLC and I look at the System area start address in the GP Pro EX program. It reads [PLC1]Local:1:I.Data. If I try to click on the Enable system Data area check box. I get an error that reads, address out of range Check the address and selected items. Also, none of the data that I have in the PLC is enabled on the HMI. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I think you will have to Alias your physical I/O to use with Proface. You could also just map the I/O to Bool Tags.

Import your tags to a csv file from rs 5000. In GP pro go to device/plc. Enter in your PLC IP address. Select compact logic. The one that says native I believe. I don't have the software in front of me right now. Import your csv file. Then all your tags will be there. Let me know if you have anymore questions. I just did this twice today. Bullzi is right make a seperate routine for all your I/O. I call mine alias tag configuration. Then just import your tag names. It is also easy to switch them around later if you need to.

Last edited:
I think that makes sense. I am not actually using any of the I/O in my program. I am using BOOL tags already. Do I need to map those to other tags? For instance, I have a drive enable button tag? Do I need to map it to another BOOL tag? Also, I have an output tag that is used to show the drive has been enabled. Map it to another tag as well? Again, I am not using any of the actual I/O in my program.

Make sure all of your tags are in the controller scope and not under a sub routine. This error will happen if not.