din mount UPS?

g.robert

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all.

I must install an 500 watt 220vac 50hz UPS in a 3' x 2' x 10" panel. I realize I can purchase a dual voltage unit at the local office supply and create some custom mount.

Does anyone know of an "off the shelf" din rail mountable UPS made for control panel applications? At the very least I could use recommendations of units that will take up as little space as possible. My backpan is full as it is.

One last hitch. This panel is for use in Europe. Whatever UPS we use must be CE stamped and have a "Declaration of Conformity" document which supports it's meeting IEC standards.

Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions.

Do you really need 220V? You say you wanna build the UPS into the control panel so maybe you only need 24V? I know that Siemens has DIN rail mountable 24V power supplies with UPS option. Maybe you can use one of those?

I recently searched for a DIN rail mount UPS as well, and didn't have much luck. I think I found a couple, but they were just Rack mounted ones that were adapted to a DIN rail. This made them too deep for my purposes, and I just wound up using a small unit that I sat on the bottom of the cabinet.

Example of the Rack/DIN mount unit:
http://www.tripplite.com/products/product.cfm?productID=2451

Try:
APC http://www.apcc.com/products/category.cfm?id=13
or maybe Sola http://www.solaheviduty.com/products/UPS/Index.htm

CE marking on a individual component is irrelevant. It is the entire final product that needs to conform. If you sell the UPS only, then it needs to be marked CE. But your panel also needs to conform on it's own regardless of it's internal components. You as the panel builder are the one who needs to create the "certificate of conformity". If your panel is going to be mounted onto a machine then it is manufacturer of the entire machine that needs to do the certification.

Here is a website on Conformity Assesment which is very basic but still a starting point.

Thanks guys.

Rube, I know that sola and phoenix make din mount power supplies but do they make UPS? I don't think so. We use the sola 24vdc supplies all the time. Our local rep Rexel Summers for Sola came up with nada.

This is a UPS (uninterupted power supply). It will plug into 220 vac outlet and provide 220 vac output. Should incoming 220vac drop the UPS will insure operation of equipment for predetermined time period.