Videojet 1620 with siemens plc

yacineamk

Hi guys,

currently working on the communication with videojet 1620 printer (Continuous Inkjet Marking), in there operators manual (http://www.videojet.com/content/dam...Operator-Manuals/CIJ/1620-Operator-Manual.pdf) the say :

Code:
- How to Configure Ethernet Port
Refer to WSI/ESI Communications Protocol addendum for more
information.

But cant find this addendum anywhere in the web, all i did found is this pdf "Videojet 1510 and 1210 Simple Communications Protocol".
https://fr.scribd.com/doc/180020947/Videojet-WSI-Protocol

I'have try it with th eprinter using the Ethernet port and all i can find open is the FTP(21), 3000, 3001 and VNC(5900). An d i have send same packets from the WSI/ESI to the print via 3000 and 3001 with Packet Sender but the response was empty!!

is there any one that know this protocol ESI/WSI or did work with this printer or simillar ?

i found this info in the FTP folder :

Code:
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CONTROLLER_INFORMATION>
    <START_DATE date="07/09/2016"/>
    <HARDWARE BoardType="CSB4"/>
    <VERSIONS>
        <WINDOWS_CE Eboot="4.0.3" CE_Image="2.0.9"/>
        <SOFTWARE Type="Excel" Version="1.0.423.0" SVN_Build="28116M"/>
    </VERSIONS>
</CONTROLLER_INFORMATION>

VideoJet Printers Specifically use port 3100, or 3101 for multihead applications. Just finished an application using Rockwell 5380 Controller. TCP Socket Commands or an EIP to TCP Converter module will be required.

Hi guys,

currently working on the communication with videojet 1620 printer (Continuous Inkjet Marking), in there operators manual (http://www.videojet.com/content/dam...Operator-Manuals/CIJ/1620-Operator-Manual.pdf) the say :

Code:
- How to Configure Ethernet Port
Refer to WSI/ESI Communications Protocol addendum for more
information.

But cant find this addendum anywhere in the web, all i did found is this pdf "Videojet 1510 and 1210 Simple Communications Protocol".
https://fr.scribd.com/doc/180020947/Videojet-WSI-Protocol

I'have try it with th eprinter using the Ethernet port and all i can find open is the FTP(21), 3000, 3001 and VNC(5900). An d i have send same packets from the WSI/ESI to the print via 3000 and 3001 with Packet Sender but the response was empty!!

is there any one that know this protocol ESI/WSI or did work with this printer or simillar ?

i found this info in the FTP folder :

Code:
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CONTROLLER_INFORMATION>
    <START_DATE date="07/09/2016"/>
    <HARDWARE BoardType="CSB4"/>
    <VERSIONS>
        <WINDOWS_CE Eboot="4.0.3" CE_Image="2.0.9"/>
        <SOFTWARE Type="Excel" Version="1.0.423.0" SVN_Build="28116M"/>
    </VERSIONS>
</CONTROLLER_INFORMATION>
How can i send you the WSI/ESI Communications Protocol addendum and some codes for C# and VB for videojet printing software

yacineamkamk, I have the addendum that you have been looking for. Its a detailed document that could be of assistance to you. Please advice how I can send it to you since the file is 1.32 MB bytes that exceeds the forum's limit of 300.0 KB.

I was able to develop a desktop application that is able to print using Videojet printer by uploading a text file containing random serial numbers for use in GS1 serialization Track and Trace for a pharmaceutical company and a seed company. The software can use serial and Ethernet ports. Please advice if you know any company that would be interested in buying this software

Source codes for C# and VB for videojet printing software
Hi Karis, I am stuck with a similar issue with a video jet printer 1630. If you could send your c# code example, if would help a lot.

you can email me at:
noumanqaiser at gmail.com

Thanks & Regards,
nouman

Hi Elfer Mx,

I was working on integration for videojet printers last year but eventually had to give up.

I was able to successfully load new messages, start/stop printing and even set a static text that would print contineously. I wasnt however able to embed dates/times from the printer itself into the message being printed.

One important reason why I didnt continue was the fact that the printer would fail to print effectively if the message was updated while a print was in progress. So as a result I saw partial/cut code on multiple products due to remote message updates. This is possibly due to poor handling of comm handling in videojet's software. I also noticed certain printers stopped responding due to repeated opening/closing of socket connections. This meant the printer firmware was terrible at resource/memory management.

With all that I didnt continue and put in a strategy to replace the printers with printers that handle communications well(such as Linx or Markem Imaje)

Still if you are interested in the source code or if you want to try out something different I can share.

Regards,
Nouman

hi , i'm lookin for this examples , are you still have it?
thank you

Hi Elfer!

What are you needing to do with VideoJet printer????

Where I work there is an integration with Allen Bradley 5000 base, and some RTA gateways. System can change between several pre-configured messages according with current recipe, and send product code through EXTERNAL tag. Also system knows VideoJet status.

If it's what you need, I can send you some snippets.

Saludos!

Hi Elfer Mx,

I was working on integration for videojet printers last year but eventually had to give up.

I was able to successfully load new messages, start/stop printing and even set a static text that would print contineously. I wasnt however able to embed dates/times from the printer itself into the message being printed.

One important reason why I didnt continue was the fact that the printer would fail to print effectively if the message was updated while a print was in progress. So as a result I saw partial/cut code on multiple products due to remote message updates. This is possibly due to poor handling of comm handling in videojet's software. I also noticed certain printers stopped responding due to repeated opening/closing of socket connections. This meant the printer firmware was terrible at resource/memory management.

With all that I didnt continue and put in a strategy to replace the printers with printers that handle communications well(such as Linx or Markem Imaje)

Still if you are interested in the source code or if you want to try out something different I can share.

Regards,
Nouman
Hi , nouman
thank you very much for the advance
i will like the source code for try it
can you share it?