Analog output metering help

So I've built a PLC trainer with a ML1200 and a 1762-IF2OF2. Im running a signal generator to create the 4-20 for the inputs. If I scale the input can I put an ammeter in series with the output and have the meter read out the scaled output? If so, can you explain how? The meter has two #16's (red and black) and three #22's (black, red, yellow). Yellow being the sensing wire and the small red being the source for the display.

What is the meter? part number and/or picture the meter should have two points of contact but you are saying 5 ?

Are you wanting to put your display module in series with the 4 to 20mA analog signal going to the input of the IF2OF2?

Or are you wanting to retransmit the analog input from the IF2OF2 to one of its analog outputs to drive the display?

That's still not specific enough for me. Do you want the display module to show you GPM? milliamps? Do you want it to be driven by an output of the IF2OF2?

Also, do you have a data sheet for that display? Google tells me it reads volts and amps to two decimal points.

That's still not specific enough for me. Do you want the display module to show you GPM? milliamps? Do you want it to be driven by an output of the IF2OF2?

Also, do you have a data sheet for that display? Google tells me it reads volts and amps to two decimal points.

http://www.mantech.co.za/datasheets/products/DSN-VC288.pdf

Let’s simulate a flow meter in GPM. Yes I want the analog output to drive the display

The attached file is for a ML1200 series C with 1762-IF2OF2 in the first expansion slot. I took a water tower level program I had opened and massaged it for your application. So there are some things I left that are overkill for you, but won't cause any harm.

I made some assumptions:
1. Raw/proportional scaling for the analog in and out assumes 4ma=6240 and 20ma-31200. This can be slightly off, and it has been a few years since I used the output of a combo card, I might be way off on its scalign.
2. Your flow signal is scaled 4mA = 0 gpm, 20mA = 500 gpm. Change F8:0 to whatever value you want to be represented by 20mA.
3. Your display can be configured to show 20mA as "500". I actually doubt this is possible looking at your data sheet. It looks like a simple but useful device when you use the right shunt and need a direct measurement. So if you want to show more than "0.02" (20 mA) on the display, you need some other hardware to drive it. A workaround might be to configure the analog outputs for voltage and show 00.0 to 10.0 as zero to ten gpm on the top line of the display.

The attached file is for a ML1200 series C with 1762-IF2OF2 in the first expansion slot. I took a water tower level program I had opened and massaged it for your application. So there are some things I left that are overkill for you, but won't cause any harm.

I made some assumptions:
1. Raw/proportional scaling for the analog in and out assumes 4ma=6240 and 20ma-31200. This can be slightly off, and it has been a few years since I used the output of a combo card, I might be way off on its scalign.
2. Your flow signal is scaled 4mA = 0 gpm, 20mA = 500 gpm. Change F8:0 to whatever value you want to be represented by 20mA.
3. Your display can be configured to show 20mA as "500". I actually doubt this is possible looking at your data sheet. It looks like a simple but useful device when you use the right shunt and need a direct measurement. So if you want to show more than "0.02" (20 mA) on the display, you need some other hardware to drive it. A workaround might be to configure the analog outputs for voltage and show 00.0 to 10.0 as zero to ten gpm on the top line of the display.

Thank you very much, I will take a look at it in the morning when I get to work. As far as the physical wiring goes what would be the best wiring for it? I’ve tried every which way possible to make it work but I can’t get the amperage to read anything. I’m not using a shunt because it’s less than 10a obviously. What is the load in this instance? Can I add a resistor and simulate a load?