SLC 5/5 to 1769 L33ER conversion fault issue.

bigLee

Hello, I am upgrading a SLC 5/5 project to a studio5000 project for the new controller. Everything is successful, however I have one rung that is an overflow for a data register. Attached is the rung with the data register in question.
I am not familiar with this type of register. Looks like indexed in some way maybe? Trying to figure out how to make this rung acceptable for the new controller. It's the MOV instruction with the N26:[N26:202] register.

Any info is appreciated when you have a minute.

Not enough info, but you can right click file N26 and see how many elements and declare the same size DINT/INT array on the controllogix side.

MY_DINT_ARRAY[MY_INT]

Can you include a screen shot of the converted rung so I can see what format it's ending up with?

Based on the notation, it looks to me like the array inside the brackets in the top MOV instruction is the issue. It's using indirect addressing, so you need to make sure that the value of N26_202 and N26_203 never increases larger than the size of the array N26.

For example, if N26 is sized at 250 DINTS (N26[0]-N26[249]) but the *tag value* of N26_203 is equal to 251, the controller will attempt to move information into a tag that doesn't exist (N26[251]) and it will fault.

To elaborate, the conversion tool makes new arrays in that format (N26_202) instead of using N26[202] for the variable of the indirect address because the format N26[N26[202]] is not acceptable for the software. Any array being used for an indirect address (in this example N26[202]) is copied and renamed (in this case to N26_202) so that the format of the entire address will work as N26[N26_202]

Hope that clears it up.

Thanks Logan! Ended up being easier than I thought. Needed to correct my new timer preset multiplier to 10 instead of 1000 and then add a divide for the accumulator to put the value into the integer array.

Appreciate the second look everyone!

Ahh yeah, I didn't realize the timer rung was also an issue. They always notate any converted timer with that even if you were using ms in the 500 program as well.

Glad you got it figured out!