Export InTouch LGH file data to Excel or CSV

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Software Tool box has released a great new product for users of Intouch history log files (*.lgh).

Finally the abillity to export directly from *.lgh files.
Point the utility to the directory where the log fies are stored and...
It show you a list of history tags in the *.lgh file and you can pick the start and end date, plus how often to export the data to build the file (xls or csv)

This should be a great utility (I believe it to be a "must have"). I have tested it and it works well.
"LGH File Inspector for Wonderware InTouch"
http://www.softwaretoolbox.com/store/item_pages/itempage_1643.asp

LGH File Inspector allows users to:
Generate ad-hoc historical queries on the fly
Export data from lgh files to Microsoft Excel
Automate extraction of lgh file data
Quickly and easily generate reports in Microsoft Excel

Who can benefit from using LGH File Inspector?
Any company or industrial plant that uses Wonderware InTouch as their SCADA / HMI application
Anyone who needs to access historical lgh files
Systems integrators who use Wonderware InTouch on their SCADA and HMI projects
Engineering firms that need to analyze data in their clients lgh files
Anyone who needs to be able to quickly generate reports, graphs, or tables from lgh file data

I have used, and am fairly impressed, with the add-ins available for Wonderware from Software toolbox.
Their I/O server software ("TopServer') is pretty good also (essentially.. I believe...it has re-branded Kepware's software).

Last edited:
This is very cool! You can do this with the InTouch HistData.exe program but it is rather cumbersome and involves poking it through DDE which IME can be hit or miss. Software Toolbox does make an OPC server that is, as far as I can tell, is Kepware rebranded but has great support and easy ordering.

It is FAR easier to use than HistData....and does not require an Intouch license to use.
The customer can use it very easily.... This means easy access to data for engineering and quality control departments....at a price that it is not based on tag count.

Yes.... I buy a lot of TopServer Honeywell Suites from them every year. It is fairly solid I/O server and their support is good.

I also use their add-in.. "Gadgets for Wonderware Intouch" which is pretty solid with some nice features for development.