Siemens PLC memory vs Allen Bradley PLC memory

JensV

Hello,

I have to replace a Siemens (S7-1500F) PLC by a PLC from Allen Bradley (compactlogix 5370), but because of the different ways of programming I don't really know how to compare the memories. The memory of the Siemens PLC is divided into memory for programming and memory for data. And the Allen Bradley PLC has standard memory and safety memory.
So can someone tell how I can compare these PLC's so they have a similar amount of memory.

I think you compare the Load memory on the S7 side to the memory on the Logix side. They both store the same info: tag data, tag names, HW settings. They would at least be the same order of magnitude, but I don't know what the comparison factor should be, whether you need to double one of them or something like that.

Don't worry about the Work memory from S7, whether code or data. I don't think there is anything equivalent on the Logix side.