B&R: How to instantiate ARSim?

ergosophist

Hello,

I'm using B&R and have been using the ARSim feature for lots of testing. Now, I'd like to run each production line in parallel on my PC, by having multiple ARSim instances running at the same time. However, I'm running into an issue trying to get each HMI to come up separately.

Does anybody have experience with multiple ARSim instances? Do you know how to get browser webpages to point to each instance?

Any advice would help.
Thanks!

You are opening each production line in its own instance of Automation Studio?
I don’t think you can have more than one ARSim on one instance of Automation Studio.

Pointing the browser to the visualization is easy. Since you are speaking of web browsers, I assume you are using mappView?

There is a topic in the help file that shows what the url looks like.
Example:
http://ipaddressofplc:81/index.html?visuID=YourVisId

Each conveyor line should have its own mappView visualization. You then just open up multiple browsers and point them to each mappView visualization id.

That's tricky... ARsim usually just uses the loopback as it's IP (127.0.0.1). Step 1 would be figuring out how to change the network coms for ARsim so you could communicate to more than one instance. I think ARsim is an Automation Runtime virtual machine, but I'm not actually 100% on that.