Upgrade to Windows10 no more View ME Station

showshocka

Hi. I upgraded my system to Windows 10 and my FTV ME Station 8.0 comes up with an error....any recomindations>? Thx

View ME station error.jpg

I feel your pain.
there in not a clean upgrade to windows 10, it breaks stuff.
I had to do an uninstall then do a repair on several programs.
that fixed the issue.

you might try that. good luck.

we use VMware for all our programming, autocad, sql work.
that way, we back up the vm's and if the hard drive crashes, copy them to the new drive and your running.

james

Rockwell software is very picky with Windows versions. You can search in AB compatibility software page to see Windows versions compatibility with FTView ME 8.0. I am almost sure that 8.0 is not compatible with windows 10. You can try downgrade your windows (I like to use Win 7 Prox64) or an upgrade to your FTView.

The maintenance laptop in my plant is with windows 10 (guys from IT refuse to downgrade) and i work with a virtual machine with Win 7 to run the softwares from Rockwell.

Last edited:
Only v9.0 is compatible with Win10, I believe.

At this stage I would get everything onto a Win7 VM, Win10 is a pain at the minute.

I originally upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 (64bit) (an IT forced upgrade)

Soooo guess what? I tried running it today after not using since my OP here (8 months) and Voila'! It magically worked!